Wonderware Historian Software Development Kit (SDK) 2017 Update 3 provides programmatic access to Wonderware Historian to configure and query tags and server settings, as well as store and retrieve data.
Wonderware Historian SDK is based on a .NET version of the Historian Client Access Layer (HCAL) and can be used either from stand-alone .NET applications, or from within ArchestrA scripts.
A .NET application built with Wonderware Historian SDK can:
- Interact with one or multiple local or remote Wonderware Historian servers.
- Create tags and start storing data locally while being disconnected from a historian server.
- Transparently forward the locally collected data to the historian server after it becomes available and continue storing data on it.
- Perform modifications of already collected data.
- Retrieve data from regular tags, replicated tags, summary tags, and state summary tags.
- Query and configure the historian server’s system parameters.
- Retrieve tag properties and historian server time zone information.
- Reconfigure and delete tags.
- Support a redundant historian configuration.
- Store and retrieve events. An alarm is a type of event.